Your Privacy is Important
At ROKIaccess your right to privacy is important. The following statement outlines how ROKIaccess manages personal information that it holds about individuals.
Personal information - what is it?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you (whether true or not) from which ROKIaccess can determine your identity.
It may range from the very sensitive (eg. medical history or condition) to the everyday (eg. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by ROKIaccess in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information - what is it?
When personal information concerns certain matters it is considered sensitive information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
ROKIaccess will only collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you in accordance with the law. In most cases, ROKIaccess will only collect, use or disclose sensitive information where it has received your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal information
Your personal information will be collected by ROKIaccess to provide you with recruitment services. ROKIaccess may also collect your personal information on behalf of Associate Search Firms of ROKIaccess in connection with the provision of recruitment services to you.
How your information will be collected
Generally, ROKIaccess collects personal information directly from you. For example, it collects personal information when you:
· deal with ROKIaccess in person, by telephone, letter, fax or email;
· supply a resume;
· submit any other information in connection with your candidacy.
Personal information about you may also be collected from a third party. For example when ROKIaccess receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of inquiries of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- the results of any competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
If ROKIaccess does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you that it has collected personal information from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which ROKIaccess has collected your personal information.
How ROKIaccess may use and disclose your personal information
ROKIaccess may use and disclose the personal information it collects about you for the following purposes:
- to provide recruitment services to you;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged ROKIaccess.
ROKIaccess may disclose some of your personal information to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of ROKIaccess;
ROKIaccess may also disclose your personal information to a third party if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
Associate Search Firms of the ROKIaccess Group;
- a professional association or registration body.
If ROKIaccess engages a third party contractor to perform services which involves handling personal information, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal information except for the purposes for which it was supplied.
If you do not give ROKIaccess the information it seeks
If you do not give ROKIaccess the information it seeks, it is unable to provide you with recruitment services.
Security of your personal information
ROKIaccess holds personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files. ROKIaccess has security procedures in place to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. ROKIaccess uses a number of processes to protect your personal information including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer pass words and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify information needing special protection.
ROKIaccess will keep your personal information no longer than necessary. ROKIaccess will appropriately dispose of your personal information so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Keeping your personal information up to date
ROKIaccess takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. ROKIaccess may also contact you from time to time to check that the information is still correct.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information ROKIaccess holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, ROKIaccess will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If ROKIaccess is unable to agree that the personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may ask ROKIaccess to place with the information, a statement by you claiming that the information is not accurate, complete and up to date.
Transfer of your personal information outside Korea
ROKIaccess does not transfer your personal information outside Korea unless it is authorised to do so by law or you have consented to it as part of the recruitment services it provides to you.
ROKIaccess may store your personal information on a server overseas. By providing personal information via ROKIaccess' website you agree your information may be transferred to servers located overseas.
How to contact us
If you wish to gain access or correct your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, you should contact the Privacy Coordinator on
(822) 739 7688